.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Quotes of the Morning: Comfest is at T-2

“It is nearly there. Tomorrow is Comfest Eve, when people leave bowls of beer on their porches in hopes that St. Jerry will come and tie dye their shirts in the night. Love and music are in the air, and I feel the peace and harmony that only comes from knowing that soon I will be surrounded by my once-a-year friends and family.
Goddess bless us, every one.”
-Skippy


“I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter Thompson

“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

"Alcohol and marijuana, if used in moderation, plus loud, usually low-class music, make stress and boredom infinitely more bearable."
-Kurt Vonnegut

“At this point I would like to emphasize that the Quotes of the Morning do not endorse, condone, approve or anything similar the use of illicit narcotics. I just don’t feel that it is right for me to edit Hunter Thompson or Vonnegut. I’m arrogant, but not that arrogant. Please remember what our hippie forefathers said…”
-Skippy


“Stay away from needle drugs. Richard Nixon is the only dope worth shooting.”
-Abbie Hoffman

“Words to live by (though you might want to update it somewhat). No, I believe in a simpler way..”
-Skippy


"Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems."
-Homer Simpson

“And as a great man once said..”
-Skippy


“Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
-Benjamin Franklin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats