.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Quotes of the Morning: Comfest is at T-1


“There is nothing more notable in Socrates than that he found time, when he was an old man, to learn music and dancing, and thought it time well spent.”
-Michel de Montaigne (1533-1592)

“I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.”
-George Eliot

“Finally.. The holidays are here. Its Comfest eve. Comfest begins in Goodale park tomorrow and runs until Sunday night. Six stages of music, dancing and poetry. Like bluegrass? Its there. Jazz? There. Blues? Funk? African tribal music? Madrigals? Punk? Good ol’ Rock and Roll? Its all there, along with some of the nicest people you’d ever want to meet (and several that you didn’t know that you’d want to meet). The Quotes of the Morning will return next Tuesday after I have rested up enough to be sufficiently coherent.
Be there, or understand that the cool kids will laugh at you. Happy Comfest everyone.”
-Skippy


“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
-Mahatma Ghandi

“One thing I can tell you is you’ve got to be free..”
-John Lennon, Come Together

“I like ideas about the breaking away or overthrowing of established order. I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos, especially activity that seems to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road towards freedom - external freedom is a way to bring about internal freedom.”
-Jim Morrison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats