.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Quotes of the Morning: Happy Monday


“Ok. It is Monday. Work is piled on my desk up to my eyeballs. The internet is [was] down. I cannot go looking for Quotes. It is Monday. So I give you the Quotes from the books on my desk.. Enjoy.”
-Skippy


“It is not real work unless you would rather be doing something else.”
-J.M. Barrie

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
-George Carlin

“Work was made for man, and not man for work. Work is man’s servant, both in its results to the worker and the world. Man is not work’s servant, save as an almost universal perversion has made him such.”
-Josiah Gilbert Holland

“Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live.”
-Margaret Fuller

“business business business
grind grind grind
what a life for a man
that might have been a poet.”
-Don Marquis

“Arbeit macht frei. [Work makes free]”
-Inscription over the main gate at Auschwitz

“Happy Monday.”
-Skippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats