.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Quotes of the Morning: Summertime


"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
-Albert Camus

"Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."
-Henry James

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date."
-William Shakespeare

"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it."
-Russell Baker

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken."
-James Dent

"Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you."
-James Langston Hughes

"I value kindness to humans first of all, and kindness to animals. I don't respect the law; I have total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and old men and women warmer in the winter, and happier in the summer."
-Brendan Behan

“That last one comes as close to Skippy’s philosophy of life as anything that I have ever read.”
-Skippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats