.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Quotes O' the Mornin'


“The Irish are a fair people - they never speak well of one another .”
-Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

“God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.”
-Ed McMahon

“I showed my appreciation of my native land in the usual Irish way by getting out of it as soon as I possibly could.”
-George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

“An Irishman is the only man in the world who will step over the bodies of a dozen naked women to get to a bottle of stout.”
-Unknown

“And now I’m on my way to a bottle of stout, not because I love to drink (though I do), but simply to enjoy the way there. And later me long-sufferin’ wife, Mrs. Skippy, can greet me at the door in the traditional Irish manner.. with a frying pan. The Quotes O’ the Mornin’ shall return on Monday once I am done nursin’ me head (one way or the other).”
-Skippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats