.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Quotes of the Morning: Ode to the Decider

“Yet when asked if he owes the Iraqi people an apology for botching the management of the war, he said “Not at all.’
‘We liberated that country from a tyrant,’ Bush said. ‘I think the Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude.’”
-Associated Press, January 14, 2007

“Why should Fearless Leader feel bad? I mean, we liberated Iraq. We liberated the hell out of it!”
-Skippy


“Nearly 35,000 civilians were killed last year in Iraq, the United Nations said Tuesday, a sharp increase from the numbers reported previously by the Iraqi government.
Gianni Magazzeni, the chief of the U.N. Assistance Ministry for Iraq, said 34,452 civilians were killed and 36,685 were wounded last year.”
-Associated Press, January 16, 2007

“Two bombs were detonated five minutes apart Tuesday in a used motorcycle marketplace in central Baghdad, killing at least 15 people and wounding 74 others, police said.
The first bomb was attached to a motorcycle in the market. As the curious gathered to look at the aftermath, a suicide car bomber drove into the crowd and blew up his vehicle.
Authorities said at least three policemen were among the dead.”
-Associated Press, January 16, 2007

“Yeah.. Fearless Leader is confident in the job he’s performed. He is bold. He is assertive.”
-Skippy


“I really am not the kind of guy that sits here and says, ’Oh gosh, I’m worried about my legacy.’”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, January 14, 2007

“He is not the kind of man to worry about his legacy. I mean, I doubt he’s thought about it at all.”
-Skippy


“I'm going to work hard. I'm going to sprint to the finish. And we can get a lot done.
And you're talking about legacy. Here, I - I know - look, everybody's trying to write the history of this administration even before it's over. I'm reading about George Washington still.
My attitude is if they're still analyzing number one, 43 ought not to worry about it, and just do what he think is right, and make the tough choices necessary.
And it's going to be a tough battle.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, December 20, 2006

“He is so confident that he needs no reinforcement from others at all, even in the face of overwhelming public opposition.. He is a rock. He is an island.”
-Skippy


“Digging in for confrontation, President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney say they will not budge from sending more U.S. troops to Iraq no matter how much Congress opposes it.
‘I fully understand they could try to stop me,’ Bush said of the Democrat-run Congress. ‘But I’ve made my decision, and we’re going forward.’”
-Associated Press, January 14, 2007

“I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, April 18, 2006

“He is bold in his vision and merciful at heart.”
-Skippy


“I’m not a revengeful person.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, January 14, 2007

“And that’s good, because otherwise we would have to look at his behavior as borderline psychopathic. Still, this was all for the moral cause of liberating Iraq. Petty revenge had nothing to do with it.”
-Skippy


“President Bush leveled harsh criticism Thursday at the Senate on homeland security issues, but he revised his stump speech to make clear ‘there are fine senators from both parties who care deeply about our country.’
And, in discussing the threat posed by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, Bush said: ‘After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad.’”
-CNN, September 27, 2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats