.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Quotes of the Morning: RIP RAW

“One of my favorite authors died last week. Robert Anton Wilson, author of Illuminatus! And dozens of other wonderful books, kicked the bucket January 11th. He was a delightful author and, in my opinion, one of the finest philosophers alive, well, up until January 11. I will try to give him the send-off that he would have wanted.”
-Skippy


“'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!”
-Mr. Praline, Monty Python’s Flying Circus


“Various medical authorities swarm in and out of here predicting I have between two days and two months to live. I think they are guessing. I remain cheerful and unimpressed. I look forward without dogmatic optimism but without dread. I love you all and I deeply implore you to keep the lasagna flying.

Please pardon my levity, I don't see how to take death seriously. It seems absurd.”
-Robert Anton Wilson, January 6, 2007

“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-Robert Anton Wilson

“Belief is the death of intelligence.”
-Robert Anton Wilson

“Every war results from the struggle for markets and spheres of influence, and every war is sold to the public by professional liars and totally sincere religious maniacs, as a Holy Crusade to save God and Goodness from Satan and Evil.”
-Robert Anton Wilson

“Groups are grammatical fictions; only individuals exist, and each individual is different.”
-Robert Anton Wilson

“Most people live in a myth and grow violently angry if anyone dares to tell them the truth about themselves.”
-Robert Anton Wilson

“You know, I have found a new way to get high and stay spaced out for hours on end, and the government can't stop me... It's called senility.”
-Robert Anton Wilson

"Don't let Krusty's death get you down, boy. People die all the time, just like that. Why, you could wake up dead tomorrow! Well, good night."
-Homer Simpson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats