.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Quotes of the Morning: Bela

“To heck with the politics today.. Let’s celebrate a very special birthday. That of one of the patron saints of the Halloween season: the late, great, Bela Lugosi.”
-Skippy


“To portray a maniac offers a compelling challenge.”
-Bela Lugosi

“There was no male vampire type in existence. Someone suggested an actor of the Continental School who could play any type, and mentioned me.”
-Bela Lugosi

“I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow.”
-Bela Lugosi

“If I stepped out of my character for even a moment, the seething menace of the terrible Count Dracula was gone, and my hold on the audience lost its force.”
-Bela Lugosi

“Ah, what letters women wrote me! Young girls. Women from 17 to 30. Asking me if I cared only for maiden's blood.”
-Bela Lugosi

“To win a woman, take her with you to see Dracula.”
-Bela Lugosi

“I'd like to quit the supernatural roles and play just an interesting, down-to-earth person.” -Bela Lugosi

“Don't do it. If you do, you'll just be haunting houses the rest of your life, like me.”
-Bela Lugosi

“Of all the roles I've done on the stage, I'm partial to Cyrano de Bergerac.”
-Bela Lugosi

“White on white translucent black capes

Back on the rack
Bela Lugosi's dead
The bats have left the bell tower
The victims have been bled
Red velvet lines the black box
Bela Lugosi's dead”
-Bauhaus, “Bela Lugosi’s Dead”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats