.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Quotes of the Morning: Real Men of Genius

“Thank God (or whoever is responsible for him) for Fearless Leader. Sometimes I get in in the morning and don’t know what I am going to talk about, but when I see that Fearless Leader has spoken I can rest assured that I will be able to find something to mock.”
-Skippy


“No, al Qaeda is still very active in Iraq. As a matter of fact some of the more -- I would guess, I would surmise that some of the more spectacular bombings are done by al Qaeda suiciders.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

“It must be really hard to fill positions in al Qaeda. All the job listings apparently are for ‘suiciders’.”
-Skippy


“No question there's sectarian violence, as well. And the challenge is to provide a security plan such that a political process can go forward. And I know -- I'm sure you all are tired of hearing me say 12 million Iraqis voted, but it's an indication about the desire for people to live in a free society. That's what that means.
And the only way to defeat this ideology in the long-term is to defeat it through another ideology, a competing ideology, one where government responds to the will of the people. And that's really -- really the fundamental question we face here in the beginning of this 21st century is whether or not we believe as a nation, and others believe, it is possible to defeat this ideology.”

-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

“That is right.. If we leave Iraq we will never have a chance to see Iraq with a government that responds to the will of the people. That would be a shame.”
-Skippy

“I've been here long enough to understand you cannot make good decisions if you're trying to chase a poll. And so the second part of your question is, look, I'm going to do what I think is right, and if people don't like me for it, that's just the way it is.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

‘But… I thought that government was supposed to respond to the will of the people? Ow.. Cognitive dissonance.. grows.. strong.. Brain.. locking.. up.. Making.. me sound… like.. Shatner.. “
-Skippy


“Now, I recognize some say that these folks are not ideologically bound. I strongly disagree. I think not only do they have an ideology, they have tactics necessary to spread their ideology. And it would be a huge mistake for the United States to leave the region, to concede territory to the terrorists, to not confront them. And the best way to confront them is to help those who want to live in free society. “
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

“Tactics spread ideology? Who is he talking about? Rove?”
-Skippy


“I fully understand that some didn't think we ought to go in there in the first place. But defeat -- if you think it's bad now, imagine what Iraq would look like if the United States leaves before this government can defend itself and sustain itself. Chaos in Iraq would be very unsettling in the region. Leaving before the job would be done would send a message that America really is no longer engaged, nor cares about the form of governments in the Middle East. Leaving before the job was done would send a signal to our troops that the sacrifices they made were not worth it. Leaving before the job is done would be a disaster, and that's what we're saying. “
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

“Yes. If we don’t stay in Iraq and have more American troops killed it will lead those troops to believe that their sacrifices were meaningless. You only hurt the ones you love.”
-Skippy


“These aren't isolated incidents, they're tied together. There is a global war going on. And somebody said, well, this is law enforcement. No, this isn't law enforcement, in my judgment. Law enforcement means kind of a simple, singular response to the problem. This is a global war on terror. We're facing extremists that believe something, and they want to achieve objectives. And therefore, the United States must use all our assets, and we must work with others to defeat this enemy. That's the call. And we -- in the short run, we've got to stop them from attacking us.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

“That is true. The extremists believe something (unlike normal criminals), and they want to achieve objectives (also unlike normal criminals). We apparently must stop them from believing in things or wanting things. In the short run just stopping them from killing people would be cool with me.”
-Skippy


“THE PRESIDENT: Now, look, part of the reason we went into Iraq was -- the main reason we went into Iraq at the time was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn't, but he had the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction. But I also talked about the human suffering in Iraq, and I also talked the need to advance a freedom agenda. And so my question -- my answer to your question is, is that, imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens.
You know, I've heard this theory about everything was just fine until we arrived, and kind of "we're going to stir up the hornet's nest" theory. It just doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned. The terrorists attacked us and killed 3,000 of our citizens before we started the freedom agenda in the Middle East.
Q What did Iraq have to do with that?
THE PRESIDENT: What did Iraq have to do with what?
Q The attack on the World Trade Center?
THE PRESIDENT: Nothing, except for it's part of -- and nobody has ever suggested in this administration that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack. Iraq was a -- the lesson of September the 11th is, take threats before they fully materialize, Ken. Nobody has ever suggested that the attacks of September the 11th were ordered by Iraq. I have suggested, however, that resentment and the lack of hope create the breeding grounds for terrorists who are willing to use suiciders to kill to achieve an objective. I have made that case.”
-Press Conference with George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

“9/11! 9/11! You see, if we get out of Iraq it will create a breeding ground for terrorists because of the resentment and lack of hope. The primary cause of resentment and lack of hope at the moment in Iraq is?.. anyone?.. anyone?.. That’s right, us.”
-Skippy


“May the circle be unbroken

Bye and bye, Lord, bye and bye
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky”
-Will the Circle Be Unbroken, Traditional


“Sure this may sound a little confusing. You may think that with that much rejection of reality Fearless Leader seems a little unbalanced. You would be wrong. He is a strong, confident leader who has a good grip on who he is and what he believes. He says so himself.”
-Skippy


“Right, I've listened to them very carefully. I'm a thoughtful guy, I listen to people. I'm open-minded. I'm all the things that you know I am.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 21, 2006

“And that’s why we salute you, Mister Insane-Fear-Mongering-As-Style-of-Governing. You may be down in the polls, but you’ll always be Number One in our hearts.”
-Skippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats