.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Quotes of the Morning: He Said, She Said

“Just a short one this morning. I’m tired.”
-Skippy


"For 60 years, my country, the United States, pursued stability at the expense of democracy in this region here in the Middle East -- and we achieved neither. Now, we are taking a different course."
-Condoleezza Rice, June 20, 2006

“Yep. We have had enough of worrying about ‘stability’ in the Middle East. We want democracy! We want the people to vote to choose their government, no matter what it may do to the stability of the region. We want young democracies like Lebanon to feel free to elect the people that they want, even if it causes problems, like their election of members of Hezbollah to office. Dang straight.”
-Skippy

"The first reaction, of course, of Hezbollah and its supporters is, declare victory. I guess I would have done the same thing if I were them. But sometimes it takes people a while to come to the sober realization of what forces create stability and which don't. Hezbollah is a force of instability."
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, August 18, 2006

“But, but, but… I thought that we weren’t worried about stability. I thought that we were looking for democracy. I get so confused. Thanks to Billmon for this morning’s Quotes.”
-Skippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats