.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Quotes of the Morning: Mawage


“Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...”
-The Impressive Clergyman, The Princess Bride

“Two years ago today the lovely and delightful Mrs. Skippy and I were married. It was the luckiest, and happiest, day of my life. I hope that all of you are as lucky.”
-Skippy


“Grandpa: [narrating] Nothing gave Buttercup as much pleasure as ordering Westley around.

Buttercup: Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning.
Westley: As you wish.
Grandpa: [narrating] ‘As you wish’ was all he ever said to her.
Buttercup: Farm boy, fill these with water - please.
Westley: As you wish.
Grandpa: [narrating] That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying ‘As you wish’, what he meant was, ‘I love you.’ And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.
Buttercup: Farm boy... fetch me that pitcher.
Westley: As you wish.
[Cut to them kissing]
The Grandson: Hold it, hold it. What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports?
The Grandson: Is this a kissing book?
Grandpa: Wait, just wait.
The Grandson: Well, when does it get good?”
-The Princess Bride

"I first learned the concepts of non-violence in my marriage."
-Mahatma Gandhi

"Though marriage makes man and wife one flesh, it leaves 'em still two fools."
-William Congreve (1670-1729)

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
-Mignon McLaughlin (1915-)

"Marriage is the only known example of the happy meeting of the immovable object and the irresistible force."
-Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

"The highest happiness on earth is marriage. Every man who is happily married is a successful man even if he has failed in everything else."
-William Lyon Phelps (1822-1900)

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do! I'm half crazy, all for the love of you! It won't be a stylish marriage I can't afford a carriage But you'll look sweet upon the seat Of a bicycle built for two!"
-Harry Dacre

“Grandpa: And as they reached for each other...

[stops reading]
The Grandson: What? What?
Grandpa: Ah, it's kissing again. You don't want to hear that.
The Grandson: I don't mind so much.
Grandpa: Oh, okay.”
-The Princess Bride

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats