.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Quotes of the Morning: The Light Side of the Force



“Mrs. Skippy’s grandmother died last night. She was a quadriplegic polio survivor who had been in hospice (and then out of hospice when she’d lived so much longer than expected) for the last three years. Despite that, she was one of the most consistently happy and optimistic people I have ever met. She was a wonderful woman. She was also a fanatically devout Catholic, but I’m sure that she’d appreciate any prayers that you have to give to whomever you may believe in. Thank you.”
-Skippy


“Yoda: That face you make... look I so old to young eyes? Luke: No. Of course not. Yoda: I do. Yes, I do. Sicker I become, old and weak... When nine hundred years old YOU reach, look as good YOU will not, hmm?”
-The Return of the Jedi

“Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.”
-Yoda, the Return of the Jedi

“Luke: We'll never get it out now! Yoda: So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?”
-The Empire Strikes Back

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.”
-Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats