.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Quotes of the Morning: Pope Quotes

"Hands are the heart's landscape."
-Pope John Paul II

"The worst prison would be a closed heart."
-Pope John Paul II

"It often happens that I wake at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope!"
-Pope John XXIII

"The truth is not always the same as the majority decision."
-Pope John Paul II

"Modern society will find no solution to the ecological problem unless it takes a serious look at its lifestyle."
-Pope John Paul II

"The feelings of my smallness and my nothingness always kept me good company."
-Pope John XXIII

"The true and solid peace of nations consists not in equality of arms, but in mutual trust alone."
-Pope John Paul XXIII

"Where self-interest is suppressed, it is replaced by a burdensome system of bureaucratic control that dries up the wellspring of initiative and creativity."
-Pope John Paul II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes."
-Pope John Paul II

"’Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's.’ One would like to add: Give unto man things which are man's; give man his freedom and personality, his rights and religion."
-Pope Pius XII

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats