.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Quotes of the Morning: Not Concerned... With a Vengeance!

“BLITZER: Osama bin Laden's still at large, Ayman al-Zawahiri is still at large. What went wrong?
BUSH: Well, a lot went right. Khalid Sheik Mohammed is -- if we can get a good bill out of the Senate and the House -- is going to go on trial. Ramzi Binalshibh, Abu Zubaydah -- the whole ...
BLITZER: But the guys -- the major guys are still at large.
BUSH: Well, no question Osama bin Laden's at large, but the man who ordered the attack and about 75 to 80 percent of al Qaeda that was involved in planning and operating the attacks are in -- just -- Osama ...
BLITZER: But the United States is the most powerful country in the world ...
BUSH: Can I finish? Let me finish.
BLITZER: Why can't we find these guys?
BUSH: Wolf, thank you. Just give me a chance to finish.
Osama bin Laden is in hiding and we're still spending a lot of time trying to find him. But the key thing that the American people have got to know is that security comes not only with getting him -- which I'm convinced we will -- but also doing other things to protect them.”
-Interview with George ‘Dubya’ Bush, the Situation Room, CNN, September 20, 2006

“Osama who? Oh! You mean the guy behind 9/11! My mistake. I guess he is kind of important.”
-Skippy


“President George W Bush has compared Osama Bin Laden to Lenin and Hitler in a speech to US military officers.
‘Underestimating the words of evil and ambitious men is a terrible mistake,’ he said as he quoted extensively from Bin Laden and other al-Qaeda figures.
He said the world had ignored the writings of Lenin and Hitler ‘and paid a terrible price’ - adding the world must not to do the same with al-Qaeda.”
-BBC, September 5, 2006

“Wow.. Osama really is extra-super important. He’s like Hitler or Lenin! He is a horrible, terrible monster. I am sure that Fearless Leader will stop at nothing to bring him to American Justice™.”
-Skippy


“REPORTER: Is Osama bin Laden cornered? And when you weigh the pros and cons of either option, would you rather take him alive so you can question him, or dead so you don't have to deal with him?

DUBYA: I don't care. Dead or alive, either way. I mean, I -- it doesn't matter to me.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, December 14, 2001

“Yee-Haw! Saddle up the ponies, we’re gonna have us a lynchin’.”
-Skippy


“Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.
Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.
So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, March 13, 2002

“Whaaa? No lynching? You don’t spend that much time on him? Wow, it kind of sounds like you aren’t that concerned about him.”
-Skippy


"I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, March 13, 2002

“Really? Not even a little worried?”
-Skippy


“Uhh -- Gosh, I -- don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those, uhh, exaggerations.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, October 13, 2004

“Sorry Fearless Leader. My confusion obviously comes from my inability to remember the proper past.”
-Skippy


“He accepted everything. The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia. Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford were guilty of the crimes they were charged with. He had never seen the photograph that disproved their guilt. It had never existed, he had invented it. He remembered remembering contrary things, but those were false memories, products of selfdeception.”
-George Orwell, 1984


“I can assure the American people that had we had any inkling that this was going to happen, we would have done everything in our power to stop the attack.
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, April 13, 2004

“Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the US”
-Presidential Daily Briefing, August 6, 2001

“Here's what I feel about that. The person responsible for the attacks was Osama bin Laden. That's who's responsible for killing Americans. And that's why we will stay on the offense until we bring people to justice.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, April 13, 2004

“Yes! We’re going to have that lynching after all! We shall not stop until Osama is brought to justice!”
-Skippy


“The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.
The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.
The decision is a milestone for the agency, which formed the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice ‘dead or alive.’"
-New York Times, July 3, 2006

“Um.. I guess we will stop. So if catching Osama isn’t our big priority, what is?”
-Skippy


“One is to dismantle al Qaeda. Two is to listen to phone calls if al Qaeda's calling to the United States and respond to that. Three is to get information so we can prevent attack. Getting bin Laden is important, but putting things in place, putting procedures in place that protect you is equally important, and we're doing both.”
-Interview with George ‘Dubya’ Bush, the Situation Room, CNN, September 20, 2006

“Excuse me… If we dismantle al Qaeda do we still need to worry about tapping phone calls in the United States? I mean, seriously, that sounds like you’re just tacking that one on to justify the illegal wiretapping that they busted you on… Ok Fearless Leader, let’s wrap this up. You have referred to Osama as being like Hitler. Can you quickly and concisely let me know any way in which that is true?”
-Skippy


“I, I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, December 10, 2001

“Well, I’ve got to give you that one sir. I’m pretty sure that Hitler didn’t like Hanukkah either. For once I believe that you are entirely correct.”
-Skippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats