.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Quotes of the Morning: Comfest is at T-4

“I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.”
-George Eliot

“Hell is full of musical amateurs: music is the brandy of the damned.”
-George Bernard Shaw

“Everybody should be able to make some music...That's the cosmic dance!”
-Maude, Harold & Maude

“There is nothing more notable in Socrates than that he found time, when he was an old man, to learn music and dancing, and thought it time well spent.”
-Michel de Montaigne (1533-1592)

“That’s right people. Comfest is a mere four days away. Even now the scent of patchouli is rising into the air and the kegs are being set aside for their sacred use. Three days of free live music and fascinating people. Be there or let your soul die a slow and lingering death. You have been warned.
Now I just need to figure out how to make it all the way to Friday…”
-Skippy


"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
-Homer Simpson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats