.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Quotes of the Morning: Ladies Night


"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
-Timothy Leary

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is; I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat."
-Rebecca West

"Feminism's agenda is basic: it asks that women not be forced to ‘choose’ between public justice and private happiness. It asks that women be free to define themselves--instead of having their identity defined for them, time and again, by their culture and their men."
-Susan Faludi

"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman."
-Virginia Woolf

“This set of Quotes is by the request of Mrs. Skippy, who’s birthday is this coming weekend. She said she wanted some Quotes that weren’t so ‘depressing’. I told her I’d stop making depressing Quotes as soon as the government stopping doing stupid things, but, since I love her..”
-Skippy


"Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood."
-Oscar Wilde

"I married beneath me. All women do."
-Nancy Astor

"Women are cursed, and men are the proof."
-Roseanne Barr

"Women should be obscene and not heard."
-Groucho Marx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats