.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Quotes of the Morning: Religious Extremism

“Good news everyone! We can leave Iraq now!”
-Skippy


“Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said Thursday that his country's forces would be able to assume security command by June 2007 — which could allow the United States to start withdrawing its troops.
‘I cannot answer on behalf of the U.S. administration but I can tell you that from our side our forces will be ready by June 2007,’ Maliki told ABC television after meeting President Bush on Thursday in Jordan.’”
-MSNBC, November 30, 2006

“See? The Iraqi forces are ready to take over.”
-Skippy

"’The evidence does not suggest that the surge is actually working,’ said Alastair Campbell, the outgoing defense attache at the British Embassy in Baghdad May 20. According to Britain's Sunday Telegraph, Campbell also disclosed that U.S. commanders had decided that the criteria for ‘success’ would be only a reduction in violence to the level prior to last year's bombing of the al-Askari Mosque in Samarra. That means 800 dead Iraqis a month - a figure that the Telegraph admits ‘few would regard as anything remotely approaching peace.’"
-Max Ebaum, May 29, 2007

“Shhh.. Shut up about that. We can all go home now, and now that the situation in Iraq is all cleared up we can turn our focus on more immediate issues, like immigration.”
-Skippy

“But do you understand what the New York Times wants, and the far-left want? They want to break down the white, Christian, male power structure, which you're a part, and so am I, and they want to bring in millions of foreign nationals to basically break down the structure that we have. In that regard, Pat Buchanan is right. So I say you've got to cap with a number.”
-Bill O’Reilly, May 30, 2007

“I was unaware of wanting to tear down the white, Christian, male power structure, but I guess I must. Here I thought that I was just looking to the Declaration of Independence which says that, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..’ I guess I forgot that white Christian males are more equal than others. My mistake. I can never keep up with these rules. I wish I could figure out once and for all who the superior, more righteous people are so that I don’t make these mistakes again.”
-Skippy


“[B]y all reports, President Bush is more convinced than ever of his righteousness.
Friends of his from Texas were shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated ‘I am the president!’ He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of ‘our country's destiny.’"
-Dallas Daily News, Opinion, May 31, 2007

“Oh.. Well, I guess that explains that. All praise and honor upon Fearless Leader. May he personally enjoy the benefits of the same American Freedom™ that he has brought to Iraq. Amen.”
-Skippy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats