.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Four Color Politics

Mainly the Quotes of the Morning, with occasional Other Crap.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Quotes of the Morning

“I asked them the other day, would it be okay if I cut a 30-minute tape, a piece of propaganda, no questions, just here -- here it is, here's 30 minutes of me talking. Please run it, not only across your airwaves but run it internationally, if you don't mind. I've got something to say about the conflict and our fight against evil. They said, no, they're not going to do that. If I'm going to get on the news, they've got to ask me questions.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Nov. 13, 2001

“I brought him [President Putin] to my ranch because, as the good people in this part of the world know, that you only usually invite your friends into your house.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush July 23, 2001

“I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country ... I wouldn't have invited him to my ranch if I didn't trust him.” -George ‘Dubya’ Bush, on Vladamir Putin, June 16, 2001

“Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a blistering attack on the United States, accusing it of running a ‘dictatorship’ over global affairs and able only to worsen humanity's problems. ‘Dictatorship, the more so dictatorship in international affairs, has never solved and could not have solved such problems in the history of mankind,’ Putin said. ‘Only a balanced democratic system of international law,’ could help ease those problems, he said. ‘Even when dictatorship is beautifully gift-wrapped in pseudo-democratic phraseology it has never been capable of resolving such systemic problems. On the contrary, it can only make them worse,’ Putin said.”
-AFP, December 4, 2004

“This is from Putin, a man who has done nearly everything possible to roll back democratic reform in Russia. Pot, meet kettle.”
-Skippy


“It would be a heck of a lot easier to be a dictator than work in a democracy.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, 1996

“If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier... just so long as I'm the dictator.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, December 18, 2000

“It's not a dictatorship in Washington, but I tried to make it one in that instance. We are beginning to see some success in opening up federal coffers for faith-based programs.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, January 15, 2004

“One of the interesting lessons that the world can look at is Pakistan. You see, there are some in the world who do not believe that a Muslim society can self-govern. Some believe that the only solution for government in parts of the world is for there to be tyranny or despotism. I don't believe that. The Pakistan people have proven that those cynics are wrong. And where President Musharraf can help in world peace is to help remind people what is possible.”
-George ‘Dubya’ Bush, December 4, 2004

“As you may remember, ‘President’ Musharraf took power in a military coup in Pakistan back in 1999. I think we know now which brand of democracy we’ll be bringing to Iraq..”
-Skippy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats